Engineered for enhanced grip and durability
Load-bearing non-slip stair treads are fully customisable. They offer the capacity for square- and round-nosed corners to be designed, as well as spiral staircase designs. They can be retrofitted over existing treads or added into new stairways. Ideal for areas at high risk of slips and trips.
- Design: square-nosed to fit on square stairs
- Nominal thicknesses: 3 mm (weight = 6.8 kg/m2); 4 mm (weight = 7.8 kg/m2); 5 mm (weight = 9.7 kg/m2); 6 mm (weight = 10.8 kg/m2)
- Length: up to 55 mm
- Depth: up to 3000 mm
- Width: up to 1500 mm
- Material: Glass reinforced plastic (GRP) panels manufactured using thermoset resin and curing agents. Exceptionally strong, lightweight and durable.
- Non-slip grit size: Ultra-fine (skin-contact), Fine, Medium, Coarse, Ultra-coarse
- Grit type: fused alumina
- Optional fire resistance: B.S. 476 Part 7 Classes 1 & 2 and phenolic
- Colours: standard colours (black, grey, yellow) as well as: RAL and B.S. 4800 & 5252 ranges
- Outstanding non-slip properties: B.S. 7976-2
- Medium grit: dry = 90; wet = 83
- Fine grit: dry = 100; wet = 87
- Low thermal co-efficient of expansion: 30 x 10-6 oC
- Thermal conductivity: 0.2 w/mL
- Tensile strength: 123 MPa
- Tensile Modulus: 7.1 GPa
- Flexural strength: 193 MPa
Note: the pendulum test is performed to quantify surface roughness and anti-sip properties in accordance with B.S. 7976-2. Values in excess of 36 signify a very low slip potential.